Monday, April 21, 2008
hola from the galapagos
we took tons of pics and i nearly broke a bone hiking on lava rocks, felt like an idiot but alas, that is what happens to old people. typing of old, steve and i were the oldest people on board of the encantada motor sail boat. what a trip that was! it was more like a pirate ship than a cruise boat, no hot water, food was great and the fellow travelers a pleasure to be around. great, great experience. and very overwhelming!
my fav. were probably the albatross and blue footed boobie. the animals are not afraid of humans but it is strictly forbidden to touch them.
i do not want to return to the states. i think i will get a job here at the hotel, steve can work as a boat mechanic and we will live happily ever after. work - job - money - it is all so overrated. life is better here and this trip has changed me.
or maybe we will buy a sailboat and raise our kid there - far, far away from all the BS....i am just so afraid of returning to the states.....
essential links for every india-trip planner:
INDIA ON $1500 [AI] -- here's how i did it:
- 3 nights at the delhi bed and breakfast: $170.00
- 2 days driver in delhi (Atma): $70.00
- 2 nights at hotel pearl palace: $27.00
- 2 nights at the rambagh palace: $70.00
- train (shatabdi express) from delhi to agra: $16.00
- COMMUTER bus from agra to jaipur: $2.90
- A/C deluxe bus from jaipur to delhi: $15.00 - meeting all the curious kids along the way: PRICELESS